- This event has passed.
Concert in aid of Wakefield Hospice featuring Mark Walters (Flugel Horn Grimethorpe Colliery Band)
October 5, 2019 @ 7:30 pm
Annual Patrons concert at St John’s Church, Wentworth Street, Wakefield, this year feature our guest soloist Mark Walters, flugel horn with the famous Grimethorpe Colliery Band.
This years concert will feature music that has a special meaning to the band over the past 20 years as well as a number of items featuring Mark Walters.
After the interval the music of Brassed Off with be featured with special narration from Jacob Walsh who will be leading the audience in the finale of Land of Hope and Glory.
This is a concert not to be missed. The details will be sent out to our patrons (who will receive this concert free as part of their patronage of the band), however, the concert is also available to non-patrons who will be able to pay on the door or use the link below to ensure your tickets are waiting for you.
Tickets are Adults £8 and Concessions £4 (OAP’s and under 18’s.)
Tickets are available from our shop by clicking here
Please Note – the narration contains strong language.
- Valero – James Swearingen Arranger Sandy Smith
- Lightwalk – Barrie Gott
- Goldcrest – James Anderson
- Don’t Doubt Him – Leonard Ballantine
- The Journal of Phileas Fogg – Peter Graham
- Faith featuring Mark Walters – George Michael Arranger Philip Harper
- To Dream the Impossible Dream – Mitch Leigh, Joe Darion
- First Steps – Keiron Anderson
Music of Brassed Off
- Death or Glory – RB Hall
- Floral Dance – Arranger Derek Broadbent
- Concierto de Aranjuez featuring Mark Walters – Joaquín Rodrigo Arranger K Bolton
- March of the Cobblers – Edrich Siebert
- Cross of Honour – Rimmer
- Jerusalem – Parry
- Danny Boy featuring Mark Walters – Traditional
- Clog Dance – John Marcangelo Arranger Bill Charleson
- William Tell Overture – Rossini Arranger Gregor Grant
- Land of Hope and Glory – Elgar Arranger Ord Hume
As in previous years this concert will be in aid of Wakefield Hospice and a retiring collection will be taken to support the work of the hospice.